Resume Writing Tips
You’re resume may be used to:
- Evaluate your education, skills and experience in relation to the position that is open
- Compare you against your competition
- Confirm your salary requirements
- Answer a question about your education, skills or experience
- Decide if you come back for a second interview
- Refer you to another department or affiliate for other open positions
Make sure that your resume content catches their attention and conveys why you are a candidate worth interviewing.
Top 5 Resume Tips:
- Your resume is about your future, not your past.
- It’s not a confessional, you don’t have to “tell all”. Stick to what’s relevant and marketable.
- Don’t write a list of job descriptions. Write Achievements!
- Promote only skills you enjoy using.
- Be honest. You can be creative, but don’t lie.