How To Interview Effectively
After we review your resume and decide if you have the education, skills and experiences that are most relevant to our client’s position, we will invite you to come to one of our offices and meet with a consultant.
It is important to be on time for an interview. It is best if you arrive about 15 minutes early. This will give you time to relax and fill out an application, if necessary.
- Do some research on the business before the interview
- Practice interviewing
- Go alone. Do not take children or friends.
- Dress appropriately
- Greet the employer with a handshake
- Make frequent eye contact
- Be upbeat and make positive statements
- Answer questions directly as possible
- Ask questions if you have any
- Smile, be polite, and try to relax
Remember, the first impression is a lasting one.